Do you know someone who is absolutely crazy about polar bears? Choosing a polar bear gift for a friend or loved one can be a lot of fun because there are so many choices out there, and luckily the price range is wide enough so that anyone can choose a great polar bear gift.
Of course, sometimes having a lot of choices can be a problem, too. In this case, deciding to purchase a "polar bear gift" is a great first step and you may think that picking one particular item should be easy - but once you start looking around you'll find polar bear gift items in every conceivable form, from plush items to clothing to figurines to mugs to artwork, and everything in between!
With so many options, how do you go about choosing a gift for a polar bear lover? Let's start by narrowing our field a bit. Here are some things to think about:
1. Think about the person you're giving the gift to. Does he/she already have a polar bear collection of some sort or is this a new passion? If the person already has a collection of stuffed polar bears, for example, you could try to find a new item for that collection that he/she doesn't have yet.
2. Look at other collections that the person might have that aren't necessarily about polar bears. A good friend of mine has a large wall shelf filled with all different kinds of animal mugs. For someone like this, a new mug with a beautiful polar bear on it would be a welcome addition to the collection. Or perhaps they love to wear comfy T-shirts. There are many options for all sorts of polar bear clothing.
3. Budget is always a concern. But staying within a price range doesn't mean you can't choose a great gift. There are wonderful polar bear gifts in all price ranges. For gifts under $10 consider a lovely tasseled bookmark with polar bears on it. Or you could choose a 3-D refrigerator magnet or some cute polar bear notecards for your polar bear lover.
4. Does the recipient have other interests as well? If so, maybe you could combine their love of polar bears with their other passion. For someone who really loves the Christmas holidays, perhaps you could choose a polar bear ornament. Or if the person collects artwork, there are many different types of polar bear art, from simple wall calendars to framed art from renowned wildlife photographers. If your loved one is into computers, there are polar bear mousepads and other desk accessories available. See if you can really delve into your polar bear lover's personality this way - what a great way to show someone you care!
5. Does your polar bear lover like to read or watch television? Books and DVDs are always welcome to anyone who has a passion about a topic. There are beautiful "coffee table" books available that showcase polar bears and their habitat in all its stark beauty. Or a DVD or video from a television show such as a National Geographic episode or the Discovery Channel would be a great gift for a polar bear lover who wants to learn all he/she can about their favorite animal.
Hopefully, this has given you some places to start in shopping for your polar bear gift. But don't worry too much about choosing the "perfect" gift - as a polar bear lover myself, I know for a fact that any polar bear gift is the best gift!
Debra Sears is a hig school science teacher and the publisher of http://www.all-things-polar-bear.com, a site dedicated to polar bears and polar bear lovers. The site includes articles, fun facts, polar bear clothing, collectibles, artwork, and real-time polar bear webcams.
She maintains a large polar bear collection, and donates a portion of the proceeds from the website to various polar bear and wildlife conservation agencies.
RELATED ARTICLESFireplace Decorating Tips for Easter: Give Your Rooms Natural Focal Point an Easter Look
Sure you decorate your fireplace and mantel for the winter holidays, but don't forget this important focal point in your room as Spring approaches. Here are some nearly-instant ideas for springtime and Easter fireplace decorating:Daffodils in crystal or glass vases on each end of your mantel bespeak the coming of Spring.
Orlando, The Vacation Station
If you were asked to name 10 reasons why you vacationed in a certain place, you would probably start slowing down as you reach 5 or 6. But with Florida the list goes on and on.
Making Gifts A Pleasure
As we reach the time of year when Christmas items start to appear in the stores, and thoughts of vacations start to wind down with the shortening daylight, it is a good time to think about gifts. Not only the gifts, though, but also the practise of giving.
Gifts: What Do You Give A Couch Potato?
So you know someone who likes to "veg out" in front of the TV and you're looking for a gift for him or her. There are three ways you could go with your gift idea.
A Medieval Story for Valentines Day, Bonne & Charles
The general word on the Internet is the first Valentine card was sent in 1415. It's not accurate and it's not true.
Keeping Christmas Spirit Alive: Christmas Just Isn't The Same Without Santa Claus!
Holidays may come and go but some holidays, like Christmas, should never change. Most folks have a favorite holiday and for many it is Christmas.
Simplify the Season
Let's take a look at a typical Christmas To-Do list: bake cookies, buy and make gifts, attend office party, church commitments, address and mail cards, clean the house for guests, decorate..
The Origins of Mothers Day
Mother's Day is, in many countries, a day for celebrating motherhood and thanking mothers. Mothers often receive gifts on this day, and it is a huge time of year for mail.
Valentines Day - Where Did THAT Come From?
Just as soon as the stores put away their Christmas merchandise, out comes the Valentine's Day items - even though Valentine's is still more than six weeks away.I don't know why, but it always takes me by surprise to see Valentine's Day merchandise so soon after Christmas.
Christmas Gifts For Bird Lovers
Choosing gifts for any animal lovers can be quite a pleasure, as it is often a gift that is shared by the recipient with her animal friends or pets. This is especially so with bird lover gifts.
Tips for Planning an Egg-stra Special Easter Party
Bunnies & chicks, colourful eggs, and the hunt for hidden chocolate. It's no wonder kids await the arrival of Easter with such eager anticipation.
Mothers Day: 5 Gift Ideas Guaranteed To Make Any New Mom Happy
Sure, you can call it a Hallmark holiday. But don't be fooled: Mother's Day is serious business.
Ill Be Home For Christmas
Direct Answers - Column for the week of November 29, 2004I have been married 25 years. We come from completely different backgrounds.
Bust Holiday Stress!
The holidays will be here before you know it. Clear the way for greater joy, love and meaning this year by "busting" these sources of holiday stress:1.
Honoring our Fathers
This weekend as we celebrate Father's Day, take an opportunity to express gratitude for the many wonderful fathers we see giving their love, support and guidance to our children on a daily basis.Personally, in my own life, I am surrounded by them.
Legends of the Christmas Tree
The Christmas tree is a much loved symbol iinstantly calling up images of gifts and family jollity. There are many beautiful connections to ancient traditions.
Make it an Unforgettable Birthday!
The first known birthday celebrations began among the Egyptians with parades, circuses, and gladiatorial events - all complete with feasts that sometimes lasted for days. Romans celebrated the birthdays of their gods with parades and chariot races.
Aran... Where the Sweaters Come From
Aran Sweaters.The Aran sweater takes its name from the islands from where it originated, untold generations ago.
Tribute to Dad
Father's Day should not be the only day that we celebrate Dads. I think we should make Fathers feel special all year long!As a wife and mother I would like to celebrate husbands with children.
Buying Jewelry for Mother's Day or How To Buy The Perfect Gift for Mom Without Getting Ripped Off
Jewelry can be the perfect gift for mom on Mother's Day, but there are pitfalls, especially if you rush at the last minute. Procrastination and a lack of knowledge can be rewarded with overpaying for a piece of jewelry or even worse, being ripped-off.