|Website Promotion Information & Articles|
The Basics Of Free Web Site Promotion
It's easy to forget the fundamental components of Web site promotion. Winding back the clock to the days when many Webmasters couldn't afford prolonged advertising campaigns, the majority of people starting out with a new Web site were forced to discover the art of free Web site promotion. In recent times, however, with "pay per click" advertising becoming less expensive and various other marketing activities becoming increasingly cheaper, the art of effectively promoting your site for free appears to have been lost. The purpose of this article is to act as a refresher course for any Webmasters who are keen to keep their promotional activities down to a shoestring budget.
The practices you perform when promoting your site for free are just as important as any paid advertisements you might run. Indeed, drawing a steady flow of visitors to your Web site needn't be an expensive affair. So, what things really matter if you're serious about increasing your site's traffic for free?
1) You should ensure your site is easy to link to. Even Webmasters who enjoy what your site has to offer may not consciously think to link you. In any case, you should remind your visitors, preferably on every page, how to go about adding your link. Not only will this bring extra visitors, it will improve your site's relevancy for the search engines. Additionally, establishing link exchanges with similar-themed sites as yours is a remarkably popular and effective way of boosting your traffic levels for free. Your aim should be to establish as many relevant link-backs as possible.
2) You might like to consider adding a hyperlink to your Web site in your e-mail signature. If you're feeling creative, you could do what some Webmasters do and add a small slogan, too. As well as this and within reason, you should respond to every legitimate e-mail you receive so that your Web address sticks in the mind of your contacts.
3) You should utilise search engines since they're an ideal form of free traffic. Ensuring your pages are search engine friendly is crucial. The majority of people find information on the Internet via search engines and it's important that you correctly research how to optimise your site. A good listing on a popular search engine can works wonders for traffic levels, so try spending some time optimising your pages. If you're unsure and need some guidance with the technicalities, there are numerous sites and forums on the Internet that can help you out.
4) Entering your site for awards is an excellent way to gain recognition. However, when suggesting your site for review, be sure to avoid "automatic award submitting" services, since these can significantly lower your chances of winning. They don't generally fare too well with the judges either.
5) Although not entirely free, you might like to experiment with running competitions on your site. Even if the prize is inexpensive (e.g. a t-shirt with your Web address on the front), it's a sure-fire way to reel-in interested visitors. Besides, directories specialising in listing competitions may also link to your site and send you additional visitors.
6) Submitting your site to the Open Directory (dmoz.org) is a free necessity for generating more site visitors. Not only will a listing here help to increase your site's relevancy (for search engine purposes), it will be accessible via countless other Web locations who use the Open Directory to power their own sites.
7) If you want to instantly draw some attention to your site, then tell all your friends about it. Word of mouth advertising is the best possible form of promotion anyone can muster, and incidentally, it's completely free!
8) Try telling visitors how to bookmark your site. There are still many Web surfers out there inexperienced with the Internet. You'd be surprised at how many also don't know how to bookmark a Web site they've found. That said, when designing your pages, it's a good idea to tell visitors how to add a bookmark. Alternatively, you could add a "click here to bookmark us" hyperlink.
9) Newsgroups are perfect for gaining site recognition. Recklessly promoting your site in newsgroups, however, is frowned upon. The key to promoting your site in newsgroups is to participate in newsgroup discussions that interest you. To promote your Web site (and to avoid any behaviour that may be deemed inappropriate), simply include your Web address in your signature. If readers appreciate your point of view, then it's likely that they will take some time to visit your Web site.
10) You should endeavour to update your site regularly. Fresh, regularly-updated content will enable you to gather a keen audience, and what's more, it will keep visitors returning. It's far easier to retain existing visitors than to find new ones. Therefore, your content should be structured in such a way that it entices people to return.
11) You may not have realised but how a person finds their way around your Web site is a make-or-break scenario for traffic levels. If people can't find what they're looking for then they won't view your site in a favourable light - and chances are they won't return. Therefore, when designing your site's pages, keep site navigation in mind, since consistent traffic levels are swayed by your site's user-friendliness. All your content should be easy to locate within three mouse clicks. Think "simple navigation". If visitors can find what they're looking for within the shortest amount of time possible then by and large, they will keep a mental note of your site and may pay a visit in the future.
12) Sites that are fast to load keep visitors visiting, and they'll undoubtedly help to increase your Web site traffic flow. Keeping site loading times down is a free and sensible way to indirectly increase traffic. How many times have you visited a Web page, only to find that it takes an age to load? My guess is that you didn't bother waiting around. On the Internet, if you want to be successful, then your site should (ideally) strike a balance between presentation and loading time.
Summary: A massive, targeted advertising campaign is the ideal solution for quick traffic. However, most ordinary Webmasters are not working for large corporations who can afford this level of promotion. The fact is you don't necessarily have to pay for high traffic levels, although if you are opting for the "free" route, you will have to work hard if your endeavours are to be successful. Remember: some of the best and most effective ways to increase traffic do not always require a wallet!
These tips are courtesy of Andy Varley, owner and Webmaster of FreebieList.com (http://www.freebielist.com), a site dedicated to reviewing only the best quality freebies that can be found over the Internet. FreebieList.com provides a great mixture of consumer freebies and free Webmaster resources.
Three Cost Effective Ways to Get Bumper-to-Bumper Traffic Using Your Vehicle
The following traffic generating ideas do not require costly set-up fees or minimum orders. Two of them can be printed in full color with no extra charge.
Website Promotion: 10 Uncommon Bonuses That Can Triple Sales
Website promotion is no longer easy to do.But if you know about these 10 uncommon bonuses and use them, your success may be assured.
SuperCharge Your Website With Multi Linking
Here's a fairly obvious Multi Linking Strategy that is probably the easiest and most effective one you can employ. I call it.
Branding With Banners
You might have heard that banner advertising is dead. Nothingcould be further from the truth! If you can find a bannerexchange that gives you a decent ratio you can begin branding ofyour site, and branding may be the one thing you MUST do to getand keep business.
10 Shocking Ways To Energize Your Sales
1. Start your own internet radio station.
Web Site Promotion: 10 Eye-opening Secrets To Sky-rocket Your Sales
If you're having problems generating a lot of salesat your website, it may be because you're not awareof these 10 eye-popping powerful web site promotionstrategies that Internet promotion experts are using to sky-rocket their sales:1. Swap endorsement advertisements with otherweb sites.
Why Your Site Needs Fresh, Relevant Content
It is said that content is king, but today 'fresh, relevantcontent' is the master - or is it?Every owner of a commercial web site knows that frequent freshcontent is needed on their pages in order to achieve andmaintain a high listing on search engines which actively seekfresh content. Google sends out its 'freshbot' spider to gatherand index new material from all the sites which offer it.
Website Promotion - Need Inspiration to Write Articles? Check Your Stats!
One of the best ways to promote a Website inexpensively is to write articles about your Website's topic and submit them to "free content" sites. These sites are easily found; just type "submit free content" into your favorite search engine.
How Building a Fanbase will Make You Sales
If you've ever been to a popular forum hosted by a singal indivual, you would probably notice that most of the members of said forum take the owner or moderators advice as gold. Allan Gardyne is a good example of this, with his affiliate advice forum.
Online Advertising: Three Smart Online Advertising Secrets To Promote Your Online Business
The shortcut to succeed in business is to do what thosewho have succeeded did.Below are three smart online advertising secrets you can use now to ensure your success.
5 Reasons Why Link Swapping Is Killing Your Website
I created my first website in 1995 - it was so long ago I built it out of rock and wood, not HTML.Shortly after it went live I realised that nobody apart from me could see it and it started to dawn on me what this 'Internet thing' is all about.
The Top 10 Most Ludicrous Things You Can Do on Your Web Site
We have a running joke in our office that one day we'll load a page and it will say "You have reached the end of the World Wide Web" and it will be the truth. I've visited so many web sites in my time, it's unreal.
Time to Tell A Friend
The internet has the capacity, sometimes, to divorce not just our minds from our bodies and siphon us into cyberspace but also our common sense.When it comes to business models the internet seems to have managed to make us forget everything we knew in the Real World (RL for the acronym lovers) and slow down the length of time it takes us to re-learn it.
Increase Your Web Traffic without Breaking the Bank
If you are like most webmasters, your goal is to increase your website's traffic in order to increase sales and ultimately revenue. But, you might be wondering how you can possibly perform a marketing campaign if you do not have much of an advertising budget.
Track or Perish
Who me? Track?Now I realize some turn a blind eye towards tracking results on their site. Either preferring to look the other way or perhaps asking Stevie Wonder to watch over it for them.
Do We Need Web Directories?
WEB DIRECTORIESDirectories play an important role in aiding a site's web visibility. Crawler-based search engines will, upon finding your site on a directory, or series of directories, consider these directories as one-way links.
How to Get Targeted Web Site Traffic from Other Peoples Sites
Getting targeted web site traffic from other people's websites is not a difficult task as long as it is part of your website marketing plan. Once you include this in your marketing plan and research how to carry out these types of advertising, you will be significantly more successful in getting traffic directed to your website from other websites on the Internet.
SEO - How Fast Do You Want To Get To The Top?
Search engine optimization by some is considered a science and by others is a game. Recently working on many sites and promoting them for over six months now has made me realize some of the basic techniques.
Local Business Website Promotion - How to Skyrocket Your Business with Area Specific Traffic
If you are a local business that gets most of your business from local traffic, it is obviously important to target in on those visitors search for your product locally. This is a vital part of your marketing campaign because you get your business from those who live locally, this is your target market.
Do Not Post To FFAs (Free For All Sites) & Link Farms
With learning about online promotion, there is so much information out there about "what you should be doing" to promote you business. This tutorial will be to inform you about what you SHOULDN'T DO!What are (FFA's) Free For All Sites & Link Farms?These types of sites can be recognized by their one purpose.
|Website Promotion Info Home | Website Promotion Site Map | FEATURED Our Candy Wrapper Software|
|© 2002 - 2006 Wrapcandy.com All rights reserved|