Beach weddings are popular but they do present "special issues".
Failing to consider these ahead of time could leave you unpleasantly surprised on your wedding day!
There is certainly nothing that should dissuade you from your vision of a beautiful seaside ceremony. As a matter of fact, there are many benefits.
Just know the issues and plan for them. Your wedding day will be a wonderful and joyous event!
* A beach wedding can be much cheaper than a traditional wedding. Who in this day and age can't afford to save money? It is said that the average budget for a wedding these days is between $20,000 to $30,000! That is an enormous and unnecessary financial burden to be faced with!
Don't start off married life enslaved by your wedding day debts. If you have that kind of money to spend, fine, but if not, don't go there! Be practical and remember, the day is what you, your loved ones and your friends make of it...not how much you spent on it!
* A beach wedding can be a casual affair. It allows everyone to relax. Your guests can dress comfortably and affordably. Often brides-to-be are unaware of the financial strain they place on their wedding attendants and guests. Not everyone can afford to buy that wedding outfit.
* The wedding ceremony and reception can all be held right there on the beach. No need to travel to different locations. This is very convenient for everyone. Hey, even the kids can have fun at a beach wedding!
* A beach wedding allows you to involve everyone in the activities. Guests are not restricted to sitting quietly in their seats. They can actually be a part of the celebration!
* Beach weddings don't always require a permit. If you are having a small ceremony and do not require a section of the beach to be blocked off...just do it! Simple yet lovely!
* A beach wedding is a modern and refreshing change from the "stodgy" traditional wedding. It allows your creativity and personality to shine through.
* There is no "right" or "wrong way" to plan a beach front wedding. It can be large, small, romantic, whimsical or even downright goofy! You can pay big bucks and hire everything out, or, you can be cheap and make everything yourself. The choice is completely yours!
* The most important thing to remember when planning a beach wedding is that "Mother Nature" rules! Depending on her mood, she can brighten your day or rain on your parade! When planning your celebration, be sure to plan an "alternate location" should the old girl be cranky that day!
* The beach is usually a bit breezy so take that into consideration when picking your location. Try to choose a "cove" on the beach that is protected from direct winds.
* Be sure to check with local authorities regarding any permits needed to use the beach. This should only be necessary if you are having a large gathering and you want to block off a portion of the beach exclusively for you and your guests. Ask to be sure though.
* Check on the "Beach Rules". Ask questions. Can you have candles on the beach? Can you play music into the night? How late can you stay? Is there an area nearby for open fires should you choose to barbeque?
* Speaking of food...don't forget about the seagulls! They are notorious beggars and thieves. You can expect them to attend your beach wedding, uninvited! As long as you keep food covered and don't feed them, they will stay on the sidelines.
* Remember the tides. You definitely do not want to be surprised by the quick and unanticipated arrival of high tide!
* On the beach, there will be bugs and sunshine! Make sure you consider the comfort of your guests. Bring sunscreen and insect repellant for those who did not remember to bring their own.
* Chairs may sink in the sand if you do not rent flooring to place under them. However, if you are planning a "beach blanket" reception, you will not need chairs. Remember your elderly guests though. Plan for their safety and comfort. You will need to provide them with chairs and beach umbrellas to protect them from the elements.
Beach weddings are absolutely beautiful but nature does provide an element of uncertainty. Careful planning on your part will eliminate most of them.
If every hair is not in place due to the ocean breezes or a seagull drops off his "wedding gift" a little to close to the punch bowl...
These are not flaws or imperfections in your day. They are "memories"! Cherish them and have fun!
RELATED ARTICLESHow to Have a Sizzler of a Honeymoon! Article No.5
Every woman in the room agreed that Crichton was a cracker of a butler. Even before you began to open your mouth to say, "Crichton, I need" there was a shawl around your cold shoulders, drink in your thirsty hand, and a foot stool under your weary feet.
Wedding and Bridal Jewelry
So your not one of those fabulous actresses or models who has the luxury of the finest gems and diamonds being loaned to them by the likes of Harry Wintson.No matter, you can add a little sparkle and look extra-ordinaire in your gown on your wedding day.
How to Recognize and Cope with an Emotional Affair
Did you know that an emotional affair can be just as dangerous to a marriage as a physical affair, and sometimes more so? And that spouses who never had any intention of cheating can unwittingly become enmeshed in an emotional affair?Many spouses will shrug off questions about an emotional affair with the reply that "It's harmless" or "We're just friends." They fail to see the damage that the emotional closeness with someone outside of the marriage is doing to the primary relationship.
Games For A Wedding Shower
Games for a wedding shower are the best ways to make the most of your merriment in a wedding shower party. There are a lot of unique and varied games for wedding showers like the fish pond, men or women-who are better off?, coffee pot, guess the answer, guess my name, weave a story, my secret friend, how well do you know the bride/ groom games? etc.
Planning the Music for Your Wedding Ceremony
It's safe to say that out of all the events for which you will gather your friends and family to celebrate your marriage, the wedding ceremony itself will be the most meaningful and, hopefully, memorable. In the United States, music plays many vital roles in the wedding ceremony, from providing flow and ambiance to highlighting the deeper emotional meaning.
How to Find the Right Bridesmaid Dresses for Your Wedding
The kind of bridesmaid dresses your bridal attendants should should wear depends on the type of wedding you end up having.What's your wedding theme?Do you have a particular theme in mind? For instance, if you had a nautical theme for your wedding as a whole, you might want to have special sailor-style dresses for your bridesmaids.
Creating A Wedding Budget You Can Afford
The most important part of planning a wedding is setting your budget. Your budget is important because it is next to impossible to know what you can afford for each major part of the wedding if you don't set an overall cost that is comfortable for you.
A Summer Wedding
THE sunshine had come out to ensure the wedding of footballer Benji and his wife-to-be Sabine had the perfect backdrop.
For the month before the excitement had been growing amongst the players and supporters of St Cernin de l'Herm, a village in the south west of France, as the day came ever closer.
Five Ideas for a More Romantic Honeymoon
Candles, rose petals, satin, succulent foods, perfume-you're probably already familiar with all of these time-honored ingredients for creating a romantic mood on your honeymoon. But candles, rose petals, and other sensual ingredients only go so far.
Bridal Shower Themes
It is the maid of honor's duty to organize the bridal shower and to ensure that the party is everything the bride expected. The best way to ensure that everyone will have fun is to create a theme around the bridal shower in which everyone can participate in.
How Optimism can Help - or Hurt - Your Marriage
Beth and Tom were happily married for over 25 years - no small feat in today's world. At first, their friends could not understand how their marriage succeeded, due to numerous perceived shortcomings.
Australia Honeymoon Vacations - Treasure Down Under!
Australia honeymoon vacations are more than just being the pleasure of being down under. Australia is virtually a paradise on earth.
Mens Wedding Bands - A Whole World Of Choice
Mens wedding bands are an emerging phenomenon. Whilst women have worn engagement and wedding rings for years, men are just starting to catch up.
Planning a Maui Wedding
Just as there are a variety of wedding packages available, Maui wedding planning is also packed with many possibilities. So many people come here to get married that the choices of wedding planners to take care of all the arrangements are as diverse as the choices of wedding.
Invitation Anatomy 101 - Optional Components II - Part 3 of 3
Almost there! This is the third lesson of my "Invitation Anatomy 101" list of articles. Remember, this article continues the listing of common Optional Components typically seen in invitations.
Wedding Planning Ideas and Guidelines
Wedding planning is a difficult task for everyone. Unless you have done it before, you don't know all the answers.
The Reality of Arranged Marriages
Arranged marriages have been a topic of interest for centuries. Authors across the ages have explored this theme at length, and it still surfaces in literary works today.
How To Fight Cultural Differences In Marriage And Stay Happy
When people plan to marry, they expect to find in their partner not only a lover but a friend also. A person with whom they can share their opinions, their emotions, thoughts and fears.
The Runaway Brides ( & Grooms)
The 1999 Julia Roberts movie 'Runaway Bride' is about a woman who gets nervous about marriage and runs away at the last minute, leaving the groom at the altar. If you thought this happened only in reel life, the running away recently of Jennifer Wilbanks, a 32-year-old from Georgia who concocted a kidnapping story to escape the wedding, should prove otherwise.
New Trends for Wedding Favors 2005
Wedding favors have evolved over time. Wedding favors today combine the traditional with the modern and elegant design with great functionality.