Wedding Photography - Tips for a Wonderful Session
Every couple wants wonderful photos of their wedding day that capture the celebration, details, romance and beauty.Here are a few tips for a successful photo session:
1. Hire a professional qualified wedding photographer. Don't be tempted to hire "Uncle Harry" to do your wedding photos. Focus on quality wedding photography. At the end in won't matter how much you save or spend if you end up with bad photos or no photos at all.
2. Take the time to select the best wedding photographer that you can have. Make sure that you are in agreement regarding the style of photography.
3. Don't give your wedding photographer a long list of must have photos that you printed from the Internet. You will only hinder the photographer's creativity and the capture of true spontaneous photographs. Hire a photographer with a style that you like and then give him or her artistic freedom to capture your wedding day photography.
4. If you are going to have a ceremony outdoors please plan it away from the harsh sun. Shaded areas and afternoon sunlight are best.
5. Try to have an engagement session with the same photographer that will photograph your wedding. It will allow you to interact with the photographer before your wedding day and will help the photographer evaluate your best angles.
6. Plan enough time for your photographic session. Even if the wedding photographer is good he or she won't be able to give you wonderful photos in just five minutes.
7. Take your time to do your hair and make up and to take care of all the details so you look good and fresh. The wedding day is not the time to try new makeup or a new hair look. If possible hire a professional hair and makeup artist and have a trial session before the wedding.
8. Plan your photo session for afternoon or evening light unless it is an overcast day. The light will be better and you will end up with beautiful photos. Contrary to popular belief midday sunny time is the worst time to take photos.
9. Please don't forget to rest well the day before the wedding and eat and stay hydrated during the day. If you are tired, thirsty or hungry it will show up in your photos.
10. Don't make photography of groups the entire focus of your wedding day. A few group photos are ok to record the friends and relatives at the wedding. There is nothing more boring that a wedding album full of group photos.
11. Be yourself. The goal of the wedding photographer is to capture the true you. If the photos are nice but show a fake person you won't be happy.
12. Have fun and treat the photographer like a human being. Enjoy your day, smile a lot and relax.
Juan Carlos Torres is a very respected and awarded wedding photographer in Oregon. He has a Masters Degree in Remote Sensing with a strong background in digital image processing and photography. He is a member of the several professional photographer organizations including the Professional Photographers of America, the Professional Photographers of Oregon, the Wedding Photojournalist Association, and the Oregon Wedding Photo Guild. His wedding photographs are unique and very artistic and have been featured in national and international magazines. For a sample of his works please visit Portland Oregon Wedding Photographer and Eugene Oregon Wedding PhotographerFor a discussion on wedding photography see our Blog at Oregon Wedding Photographer
RELATED ARTICLESHow to Recognize and Cope with an Emotional Affair
Did you know that an emotional affair can be just as dangerous to a marriage as a physical affair, and sometimes more so? And that spouses who never had any intention of cheating can unwittingly become enmeshed in an emotional affair?Many spouses will shrug off questions about an emotional affair with the reply that "It's harmless" or "We're just friends." They fail to see the damage that the emotional closeness with someone outside of the marriage is doing to the primary relationship.
How to Write a Love Letter
Let's talk about writing love letters.Not candy coated pap.
Wedding Shower Invitations: An Overview
The purpose of a wedding shower is to celebrate the bride and provide her a moment to share with family and friends before the big day. Traditionally, the bridal shower is hosted by the maid-of-honor or the bridesmaids.
Engagement Party Ideas To Wow The Crowd!
He's proposed, and most likely you're flashing your new engagement ring. Now it's time to plan the celebration, but where do you start?Your engagement party is the perfect setting for the families and friends of the bride and groom to meet each other if they haven't already done so.
Design Your Own Beautiful Wedding Ring
It used to be that if you wanted to buy a nice custom-made wedding ring, you'd have to visit some fancy high-end jewelry store and be willing to part with a large portion of your wedding budget.Well that's still the case for some people, but thanks to our modern times it's now possible for you and anyone else who wants a custom wedding ring to create a unique diamond wedding ring from the comfort of your own home.
Get Fantastic Deals on Catering for Your Wedding
When it comes to your catering services for your wedding, there are options to make it more affordable. Generally for larger receptions, catering companies will offer discounts on their own.
How to Keep Hope Alive During a Marriage Crisis
During a marriage crisis, you can feel like your whole world is falling apart and all of your dreams are being shattered. Hearing the words "I don't love you anymore," "I want a divorce," or "I don't know if I want to stay married" can leave you reeling from the shock.
Choosing the Wedding Disc Jockey
Your wedding day is the day when all the details that you've always thought about will come together and planing that day may take more than a year to plan. Having the right disc jockey playing the perfect music and creating the atmosphere can get you surprised bringing family and friend closer than ever before.
Wife Smarter Than Husband?
Is it safe for a wife to be smarter than her husband?Of course! Men who cannot afford social ornaments sometimes want inferior wives. Why? Often because they harbor a great sense of inferiority.
All that Glitters-Something Old, Something New...
Brides through the ages have accessorized with wedding jewelry to add a finishing touch to their bridal attire; however, many brides who don't wear jewelry in everyday life jump at the chance to wear it on their wedding day. Is it the special occasion or the chance to play dress-up that prompts these brides to don the unthinkable-jewelry?Those brides too practical to care about jewelry in real life use it on their wedding day to check off all the "somethings" that bring good luck-something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue.
The Wedding Aisle - Who is Walking You Down it?
Choosing who should walk down the aisle with you is not as easy at it has been in the past. In the past, it has always been assumed that the father of the bride is to be the one.
The Wide Range of Maui Wedding Ceremonies
Whatever your religious affiliation, or whatever you'd like to experience, there is a Maui wedding ceremony that will suit you. A lot of people prefer the traditional Hawaiian wedding ceremony and there is an interesting tale to tell about that.
Wedding Preparations - Tips To Get You to The Church On Time
For many brides, the wedding ceremony starts long before they walk down the aisle to stand beside their groom at the alter. For many, it is the preparation that they have dreamed about for so long.
Wedding Invitations-Today's Etiquette and Wording
The look of the wedding invitations you send will not only says a lot about you and your husband-to-be they will also convey a fair amount of information about your upcoming ceremony. So it is important to plan the type of wedding you will have before you make any decisions about your invitations.
Save on Wedding Costs and Have that Chocolate Fountain
Chocolate fountains, once a rarity at weddings, are becoming more common -- but no less beloved. Still, they pose a budget crunch for many brides, coming in at only slightly under the cost of the wedding cake -- and that's for a one-day rental!If you're like us, there's something that just burns our little Yankee hearts about spending over $400 to rent a machine that granted, costs a little over ten times that, but gets rented out many times.
Fine Plus Size Mother Of The Bride Dresses
There are many choices available when shopping for fine plus size mother of the bride dresses. The styles and selections available in plus sizes are better than ever.
Conquer the Five Most Common Fears About Your Wedding Ceremony
It's safe to say that of all the important events in your lifetime, your wedding day is certain to be right up there with those that are the most meaningful. And throughout the entire wedding day - the preparations, the ceremony, the reception, and the wedding night - the moment when you recite your wedding vows to each other is the most meaningful.
Selecting the Perfect Wedding Gift for the Bride and Groom
One of the most memorable days in our lives is when two people commit their love to one another through marriage. Wedding gifts are traditionally offered to the newlyweds as tokens of affection and love as well as a means to provide the new couple with starter home supplies.
What You Should Look For In A Professional Wedding DJ
When planning your event you should go with the most qualified individual or company to produce the results your looking for, it's as simple as that. In this illustration we list the skills we feel should be of high importance to you to achieve those results.
Marriage Counseling: What Do Husbands Really Want in a Wife?
Because many men do not discuss feelings as easily as most women do, wives are often shocked when their husband actually voices his desire to separate or divorce. They might have suspected that their spouse wasn't entirely happy, but they didn't think he'd ever be the one to end the marriage.