Quick Search

6 Month Wrapper Club By Paula

Price: $30.00
Sale $22.00

* Latest Posts

Re: My latest creations
by audrey220 | Today at 09:46:00 PM
WOW  This is amazing  Thanks for showing us....
Re: Bountiful Paper Set Share... 25 papers total...
by mialucia | Today at 03:56:09 PM
very nice, thanks!~...
Re: ~ Victorian-Themed "Days Gone By" Mini Set Share ~
by mialucia | Today at 03:54:22 PM
so pretty, thanks Karen!~...
Re: Teal Hugs Set
by mialucia | Today at 03:53:06 PM
so pretty Mary, thanks!~...
Re: some thanksgiving text
by mialucia | Today at 03:50:29 PM
very nice, thank you!~...

* Top Downloads

* 5  Recent Topics

Re: My latest creations
by audrey220 | Today at 09:46:00 PM
WOW  This is amazing  Thanks for showing us....
Re: Bountiful Paper Set Share... 25 papers total...
by mialucia | Today at 03:56:09 PM
very nice, thanks!~...
Re: ~ Victorian-Themed "Days Gone By" Mini Set Share ~
by mialucia | Today at 03:54:22 PM
so pretty, thanks Karen!~...
Re: Teal Hugs Set
by mialucia | Today at 03:53:06 PM
so pretty Mary, thanks!~...
Re: some thanksgiving text
by mialucia | Today at 03:50:29 PM
very nice, thank you!~...

Author Topic: Computers: HP vs Dell  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Maxluv

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 1424
  • Thank You's Received 252

• Total Badges: 34
    Badges: (View All)
    Search Level 6 Apple User
Re: Computers: HP vs Dell
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »
Ok good don't want you losing anything...i wish others would take heed and they wouldn't be losing anything either. Mines backup daily.

Offline MarieFyfe1

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 465
  • Thank You's Received 88
    • www.mariessweetsentiments.com

Karma Good Search Windows User
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 12:20:41 PM »
I back up 3 times a week!  I have my back-up extrenal hard drive connected to my computer and it backs up based on a schedule ... I also have a second back up which I run once every two weeks!  Been to the crash drama and learned my lesson the hard way.  Now I'm pretty prepared for anything -- LOL

Offline Rebecca M. (kleynblum)

• Rebecca M.
  • Elite Member
  • Liked: 295
  • Thank You's Received 127
  • Rebecca M.

• Total Badges: 23
    Quick Poster Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2011, 10:52:59 AM »
I agree with Ms Jaay. I had my sister and mom buy Dell. They are good for every day use, but maybe not for what we are doing. My fiance had HP for 6 years and it worked pretty well. So maybe HP is good. The only thing I'd say about HP is that they won't fix things without a huge fee. So find a good computer place! We had a HP TV and we had to take it apart ourselves. Luckily, it worked! But they wanted to charge $600 just to LOOK at it!

I really LOVE windows 7 though!

Rebecca

Offline msjaay

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 198
  • Thank You's Received 73
  • I love my Cricut Expression!

• Total Badges: 29
    Windows User Super Combination Combination
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 09:36:40 AM »
I'd go with an HP computer they seem to be having a sale.  And Dell I just don't think they make them like they use to.   You can check out zdnet.com or pcworld.com and go through their newsletters.   

Offline Maxluv

• Elite Member

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 09:16:30 AM »
Marie - i hope you have been backing up your stuff since you fear your computer is on its way out.. if not do it this weekend,lol..

Offline MarieFyfe1

• Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 09:12:29 AM »
Toshiba was on my list as well -- guess I'll be googling this weekend.  LOL  I just know my present computer is on it's way out and I don't want to get caught with my guard down!  LOL.  Thanks for all the input!  It's really helpful.

Offline hearts

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 165
  • Thank You's Received 52

• Total Badges: 28
    Windows User Super Combination Combination
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 08:40:57 AM »
I have always had Dell computers (3).  I have two Dell desktops, and, one Dell laptop.  I just bought a new laptop a couple months ago, and, got a Toshiba.  It seems to be a really nice computer, etc., have had no problems with it.  The only thing so far is that my printer (that I just love), is not compatible with Windows 7.  So, I am going to go online and see if there is someway I can download something, and, then, download my printer onto my laptop. 

The "geeks" at Best Buy said that the Toshiba was the best on the market right now.  Because i was going to buy another Dell, and, my second choice was an HP.  But, they convinced me the Toshiba was the #1 right now (at least it was a couple months ago when I bought it)   But, I am still really partial to Dell, maybe just because that's what I have always had.  Just my two cents worth.  :)

Offline Maxluv

• Elite Member

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 08:34:14 AM »
I have a Dell desktop, have had it for over 6 yrs, only problem ive had it with it is the cd drive broke..I could replace it but no need to since i have 2 laptops.  I had HP laptop the monitor went up on me, well i still have and ofcourse after i brought a new laptop that one works just fine,lol...so id use that as a backup should i need to.  If you look into it a lot of computers use HP parts even though they are say Compaq, Asus, etc.  I don't know what the big squawk is with Windows 7, this laptop has it and I havent had any problems.. i have Vista on the HP laptop and XP on the Dell desktop. 

Offline Happy Wrapper Karen

• Happy Wrapper Karen
  • Elite Member
  • Liked: 779
  • Thank You's Received 700

• Total Badges: 31
    Level 6 Search Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »
Donna...You're lucky that you were able to transfer your old PSP program files to your new computer.  What about other programs that you didn't have an actual disk for...were you able to transfer all of them?  Did you encounter any problems with incompatibility with Windows 7?  I didn't think my PSPX was compatible with Windows 7, but maybe I was wrong. 

Offline latitude

• Elite Member
  • Liked: 564
  • Thank You's Received 499

Level 6 10 Poll Votes Search
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 07:07:54 AM »
Hi Marie
I have an HP with windows 7 and have no problems with PSP. I am not computer savvy either and also got my PSP from a download. When I transferred it over from my old laptop, I clicked onto Computer, Local Disk C, Program Files, Corel X2 (or whatever version you have) ,then put all that (you will see that the installation files are in there) on a flash drive, then transferred that to my new one. I have 2 other versions of PSP and did the same thing. It might have been just dumb luck but it works great.
Like Karen said though, $75.00 seems like a very good deal to transfer everything over.

latitude

Offline MarieFyfe1

• Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 06:35:04 AM »
Thanks Karen -- my computer guy also suggested HP -- what programs were the problems -- Hoping not PSP? 
That's the part that will be giving me a headach because many of my programs were downloads and I don't have the disks.  So that makes me really nervous! 

Heard some nasty things about Windows 7 and that's why I have held on to my computer for such a long time -- Didn't want Vista and then heard Windows 7 had some problems as well ... I'm just not very computer savvy -- and I'm always afraid of messing things up even before I begin.  LOL

Offline Happy Wrapper Karen

• Happy Wrapper Karen
  • Elite Member
  • Liked: 779
  • Thank You's Received 700

Level 6 Search Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:44 AM »
Marie...I've had a few Dells and they worked fine.  But a month ago, my Dell died and my computer guy recommended a great deal that Sam's Club was having on an HP.  He said that HP has worked out a lot of their previous bugs and he highly recommended it.  It was only $499 (no monitor included).  Here's exactly what I bought: http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod3630093&navAction=

My computer guy transferred all of my files over from my old computer to my new one and came and set everything up for me for $75.  I thought that was a good deal.  The bad part is that you will have to re-install your actual programs since they cannot be transferred (such as Microsoft Office, PSP, etc.).  Unfortunately several of my programs were NOT compatible with Windows 7, which was disappointing, so you might want to keep that in mind.  Good luck!  :)

Offline MarieFyfe1

• Global Moderator

Computers: HP vs Dell
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:12:59 AM »
It looks like I will be buying a computer very soon -- Ours is about 6 years old now -- already did an overhaul about 2 years ago and it's once again giving us problems.  I have two questions:

1) any thoughts on a HP vs Dell?
2) how can I transfer the programs on my old computer to new computer without having to reinstall every disk -- Can I just transfer from one computer to another?

Thanks for your replies.

Marie

* Who's Online Today

Dot Guests: 24
Dot Hidden: 0
Dot Users Online:

Dot Users Online Today: 249
Tracy Fratangelo, claudia arnold, patti mincher, marge, karlajoanne, Audrey Walker, danita21, Maxluv, Barbara Gross, sandy allen, femmefatale_015, bev12sue, stamp69blue, anamaron, Jan, Dollie Crosby, yasmine fawzy, Ruby Williams, kecrews, callaway615, P, KarenB, pooknboobooks, trussme, Julia Jackson, JoAnnD, Rose Emerson, dpaynedaycare, elva, Christine Leone, Mary Buggia, Rikki, Mary L, smbrb1, shaunhonda, geanine, jlynno26, Sonya T M, Mary Keller, Mia Lucia, ednax, tiffanie, jerayad, Happy Wrapper Karen, jenprince, latitude, james iyapo, laurab9927, tristis, doreengrube, Rosa Herrera, Barbara DeCriscio, Karen Stegent, Titia Kontaxis, spflores, mommajo33, brettrogersuk, Kiran Rasul, specialocc1020, Caroline Fawcett, hummermama2000, msjaay, Kazoo, mylanne, candygurl, toniaschubert, Ines Sweeney, Jenel, teddibaby, homecrafter, aynit, smjackson2, graceg, countrygirl, ele51, 4cat, marygallagher, Barbara brewer, nana9598, Ann Murray, MarieFyfe1, Becky Smith, emh718, Ryan Sawyer, kay martynuska, Sharyn, lynnem, RENATA MUWWAKKIL, mcb625, Linda B, Ivy Lawrence, melva, Lorraine Foote, margiemcheart, jcrewe, cyndy, Candice Schubach, sheryld5543, donnadmb, csteele, Chris Wyatt, sharon, sharon troup, cpw451, Ann Avery, Nia Samuel, ms nut, rlschneider, mzyella32, RuthB, sfandm, coleman114, amanda henandez, Helen Bosse, lakers151, ccwm, sweetdee484, ladyberna, castillov75, Das126, Deb, texas2_labonte, brannieanne34, jagriggs, Doris Valenti, Ute, vanmade, gladys38, lucasanna, Sandy Grubb, ti42, Roberta (aka: Bobbi), JOVONA BROWNING, wrapfun4me, carolrocks, Adline Daniels, therese, Carol Borowicz, Elizabeth Libke, ellen rocchio, candylady, john paniaqua, sweetwrapzbylisa, rita lara, dpennell, denis662, niftygifts, whitenor, Maria Bryan, fvcye2, sweetiegirl, Barbara Mitchell, savannah, bobbiebtexas, someone, Betty Short, ally01, progressive web, nikeaa1, dmurphy58712k, L.Ing, lollipopshoppe, queenbucket, dansenz, yummybloom, mojo, , Granny02, ptgrams, fantomspy, jlhaist, AlwaysWantMore, bbygrl1970, JNita, amyborn2003, Maur, , kreations05, hart, cat5gma, wynnepam, Carla Hambleton, alexzaamaya, peanutwrapper, saradenton, blackbeauty412, jmconnell, fourboys, nacupenda, natasha garside, carlos peres, sealscole, stevie5401, Jackie Ledet, maritimemom, suzette, ppaul, jere, Rebecca M. (kleynblum), , jude, LaTasha Wells, sharron, Kathryn Carson, Kelli H, Catherine morgan, Tina Williams, barbbrz, NYPinkBlazer, Lillian mata, hamrickdt, B Meyer, , Laura Nowotny, overworked, AGOL, toby, Alice Jones, babs, inkgirl2000, cindy russell, details, Ashley Lasseter, maryzum, mrsmonte, Sarah Mavity, Maria Bedolla, ktksmommy, marihen, Kathie Crowther, goritzia, Nikki Pricken, tsnc9, Carrie Triner, littlebits_nonna, nbentl143, rapalabassman, Nikia LeBlanc, Anne Connelly, Louise G, , teejay hossfeld, DIANE WARREN, Rosa L Watkins, Terry SMITH, dawn62, stephanie ventura, sulma culbertson, pgrisw

* Shout Out

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Become an Elite

Become an Elite Wrapcandy Member and enjoy the benefits. Click Here to Join

Advertise Here