Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 948591
  • Total Topics: 75874
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 425
  • (April 12, 2013, 04:47:02 AM)
Users Online

Author Topic: new fonts  (Read 748 times)

Offline karm

• www/shandalin.com
  • Global Moderator
  • Thank You's Received 65
    • shandalin
Re: new fonts
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 11:25:49 AM »
  • Publish
  • When you use a font that only gives you blocks,it is not supported which means that the letters maybe there but your computer doesn't recognize it.I know there is something you can do for this,but I don't remember right off hand what it is.Maybe I can google it later.

Offline mommajo33

• mommajo33
    • Elite Member
    • Thank You's Received 45
    « Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
  • Publish
  • You might want to check to see if they are dingbats, I went to the site and there are only 3 that are true fonts.

Online P

• Paula
    • Elite Member
    • Thank You's Received 2275
    « Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 08:59:28 AM »
  • Publish
  • this may not be the problem , but just a thought........
    are they regular letter type fonts or are they "dingbats"(pictures/characters) ??
    sometimes those have certain letters that have a character and some letters do not have anything ......sometimes you have to use all caps and sometimes all lowercase letters to get the characters....it varys

if they are the "dingbats".....and if you remember which ones you installed...you can go back to the website and find them again, click on the name of the font , which will take you to a page that shows each character in a box with the letter you need to type to get that character...here is one for an example...the capital  or upper case letters will just print the boxes...the lower case letters print the characters.
    http://www.dafont.com/easter-bunny.font

also sometmies the dingbats will not work in grahpics programs but will work in a word document ...so if you are trying to use it in WC software, it may or may not work there.....I have a few that will and a few that woont ....and none of them ever worked in my graphics program......just play around and check it out I guess.

Offline bobbiebtexas

• A Touch of Craft
    • Elite Member
    • Thank You's Received 10
    • aMember user
    « Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 08:51:05 AM »
  • Publish
  • got them from dfonts.com When I save them to my windows c/fonts they are usually there. I too click on the fonts choose the one I want and it changes the default but as I said when I do this when these all I get are squares. It's the same program I downloaded fonts for Christmas so it has to be something I did wrong cause they worked fine for my Christmas projects. Heading out to the gym and my volunteer work, will check back later when I get off ....thanks Max

Online Maxluv

• Elite Member
    • Thank You's Received 248
    « Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:55 AM »
  • Publish
  • When you go into which program? When im using WC i just type something, then click on the fonts, find the one that i want and it changes the default font to the font that i have chosen.  I dont type in anything to find it?  Where did you download the fonts from?

Offline bobbiebtexas

• A Touch of Craft
    • Elite Member
    • aMember user
    « Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:27:52 AM »
  • Publish
  • Let see if I can explain what I did. I clicked on the download, extracted the file to windows C/fonts. Then when I go into my program and type in what I need and try to use the font it's all squares. I'm using Windows Xp on my office desktop and I have Vista on my laptop. Hope I explained it so you can probably figure out what I need to do. Thanks Max

Online Maxluv

• Elite Member
    • Thank You's Received 248
    « Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 08:00:43 AM »
  • Publish
  • Did you extract them? When i download fonts to my computer i have to extract them and then they work, they are in my Windows fonts folder, is that where your's are? I think its extract might be another word.

Offline bobbiebtexas

• A Touch of Craft
    • Elite Member
    • aMember user
    new fonts
    « Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 07:49:27 AM »
  • Publish
  • I did this before but for some reason I am having a problem with fonts. I downloaded some new Easter fonts and all I'm getting is boxes when I click on the font. Could someone please tell me how to get the fonts to open right. Thanks....