Free Chris wyatt

Discussion in 'Daily Share Board (Public)' started by jilliebean, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jilliebean Member since 2005 Elite Plus

What has happened to Chris Wyatt? I have enjoyed seeing all the things she has shared on the forum. I hope you have not decided you don't like it here and have disappeared forever.

Your style of wrappers reminds me of the kind an old friend of mine used to make and share years ago. Miss seeing him around too. Hope you change your mind and come back we can always use another friendly face around here. ;)

2. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

I was just wondering the same thing. I mentioned in another post that her style reminds me of Ralph (aka Darkstar) of the long ago Wrappervile.
    I hope everything is alright.

3. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

christ_wyatt had posted a thread explaining that she was going to step back because there just didn't seem to be as much interest from members that was hoped for ...creating the wrappers and posting here to share was therapeutic in some ways but Chris commented that there just didn't seem to be an interest and that while a few people were faithful about commenting many others just didn't show an interest
    ...I had responded to the post explaining that while I understood and agreed with the comments...and then tried to explain the many reasons why the forum interest seems to have gone down and tried to explain the shares were indeed appreciated by many of us ...hoping to change Chris's mind and encourage to continue sharing the wrapper designs with us

I have expressed my disappointment many times about the disinterest or lack of comments and encouragement from people ...and I know there are some that think I am being "petty" about it and that I just want people to thank me all the time..... well, it isn't really about getting lots of thanks....it is about being appreciated ......and if you step back and think about the things you do in life and when you spend your time doing things for people or giving things to people freely ...and they don't bother to even say thank you ...how long do you continue to give those things away to nameless/faceless strangers that simple take what you offer and move on without a word
    I don't need people to "gush" over the things I post to share here on the forum ...but I do like being appreciated for what I freely give on this forum in an effort to help people ....
    When you let people know they are appreciated they are far more willing to continue to do things to help ....when appreciation goes unsaid...they figure their contribution isn't appreciated and stop
    I figure...if you liked something well enough to snag it ....you liked it well enough to let the person know you appreciated them sharing it with you.
    I have had people send me a request for help with a specific order that they received and then after my helping them ...they don't even bother to say thank you ....and they are using it for an order...making money off of what I spent my time creating and gave them to use for the order. And most often I assume that everyones interests and likes are not the same as my own ...so when I help with a request...I always mention that if what I created is not what they had in mind....to tell me and I will see what I can do to make it work better for them or try something different

well....I have said all this before and it seems to not make a difference ...and I suspect it wont make a difference this time either ...
    I will end this by saying thank you to the members that do take the time to post a thank you or offer a comment ...it truly does make a difference...and at least for me ....it serves to inspire/encouragement me to want to share more.
    ...and makes me feel that what I share is appreciated ...so thank you!

4. karenphoto Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I shared some graphics in the last week and less than 1/3 the people that snagged the shares bothered to say thank you. It would be nice to just get a thank you. You're right about not feeling appreciated. I think that it is why the shares have gone down and I can't blame the them.