ShowCase Easter candy bouquet - completed item pics

Discussion in 'Members Showcase' started by paulakw, Mar 2, 2018.

1. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

I made a candy bouquet for my sister to donate to a silent auction for a church fundraiser
    thought I would share pics of the finished bouquet ...in hopes of getting more of you interested in giving the candy bouquets a try :)

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  2. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Paula, that turned out sooo nice. As I have mentioned before, I don't make things to sell, and if I was to make these for friends etc. I would have a problem parting with them, and my house isn't big enough and my hubby would eat them lol.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

LOL....well I am kinda the opposite .....I have been artsy/crafty most of my life... sewing, quilting, painting with oils, acrylics, watercolor, and decorative painting (such as stuff to hang around the house or Christmas decorations and other painting crafts
    my mother used to say that if it "would stand still long enough....Paula will paint it"
    pencil drawings, floral bouquets/arrangements,
    dabbled with pottery for a short bit ...
    knitting, crocheting ...tried tatting but never got the hang of it o_O
    there really aren't any crafts that I haven't tried at some point .......I have to admit...I have a God given talent ....
    and can do most things with ease...my problem is there are just too many fun ideas and projects out there and not enough time!!
    my point of telling you all this...is ...people are often jealous of my artistic ability ...but are so very disappointed when they come to my house....I have NOTHING that I have made displayed in my home ...I do not decorate with my own creations/artwork ....I so prefer to decorate with and display the work of others....
    ....and with my own things...no matter how pleased I am with the outcome...I don't mind seeing it go out the door ....it makes me happy to know someone may get some bit of enjoyment out of something I made...and that is why I create...to bring a smile or enjoyment to someone else...and even if I do make something for myself...it isn't long before someone wants it and I let it go ...I always figure..."I can make another one....."
    now...when it comes to candy bouquets or other candy wrapping items ....Mitch wouldn't have taken one apart to eat...but there were many times I needed to go buy more candy because he had gotten into my stash that I purchased for projects ....:rolleyes: there were many nights he would get up in the middle of the night and I would hear him in my craft room rummaging around for something to cure that sweet tooth;) (...gosh and now just talking about it, I realize I miss even about that guy:) )

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. dusia Danita21 Elite Plus Elite

Love the Easter bouquet, thank you for showing.

• List
  5. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Well miss Paula, you can thank me for some of your God given talent because when talent was being given out, I was MIA so mine went to you.
    I have, at one time or another tried all the crafts you mentioned. Patience plays a lot and you do know I was MIA for that as well.
    One example.....
    I don't know if you remember when "condo sweaters" were the big thing, well the one I made actually could have covered a Condoo_O My thought? If I use bigger needles I will get it done faster. BTW, bigger needles made bigger holes and though it may have covered a Condo it
    sure didn't cover body parts:oops:
    Painting? I don't even want to there ~sigh~, my craft room floor looked like a dotted rainbow. Ya, I know, I should have put down a drop
    cloth, but that required patience and I am a " I want to do it now" person.
    Most of the things I thought would be fun, have been banished to the "Sad Corner" in the attic:(
    On the rare occasion the I manage to find some patience, things turn out pretty darn good, but hey, why should change now. My hubby always
    says that I make life interesting. I am going to take that as a good thing right?:D

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

oh yes....making life interesting is definitely a good thing!!! ...you just keep doin your thing and trying all the things you want ...even if they end up in the corner of the attic .....someone will find them one day and love it !
    besides .......I am a firm believer that "creating is good for the soul"
    ...I too have my share of "projects that didn't turn out quite right" ...often times thinking I will "revisit" that project and perfect it! ......sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

.........love the condo sweater story ...:):p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Thanks for showing us. Turned out beautiful. :)

• List
  8. doodlebug Elite Plus

Love the basket Paula it looks great!

• List
  9. lynnem Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus

It's beautiful! Who wouldn't want that!! This will be a big hit at the auction. Thanks so much for sharing the pics. Love to see what people make!

10. jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

It's beautiful

11. grammy Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

Love the Easter baskets, thanks for sharing

12. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

how adorable... as always turned out great!!

13. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Beautiful job Paula ~ thanks for showing us!