May 2017 wrapper design contest

Discussion in 'Contests & Challenges' started by paulakw, May 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

Okay folks...let's all get our creativity flowing and design an entry for the Wrapper design contest.
    (Sorry for the delay in getting this started.... but this has been a pretty hectic past 2 weeks for me.
    Thanks for your patience .....)

Details for contest:
    Theme - "Thank You"
    Pieces to include for the contest entry (png templates and cwr files posted below)
    1 - SOE
    2 - Pint Jar Wrap and lid
    3 - hershey Miniature bar label
    4 - Hershey Nugget
    5 - Hershey Kiss/Hug label

Submit your entries to me by personal message here on the forum. You will need to send me the png files and then I will put each persons entry into a display page to post for judging.
    (You can make additional pieces to go with the required set, they will not be included with the set for judging...but we will post the additional pieces along with the set after the winners are announced and contest sets posted to share.)

Please make sure that your entries will be okay for a NO TERMS share.

Please submit your entries to me by Wednesday May 24.
    We will plan for judging for that following week (May 25 - May 31) and then announce the winner after Ryan officially closes the Old Forum.
    After judging is completed and the winners announced I will post the individual pieces for all the sets to the forum for people to Download.
    I will also be adding a set to share, but mine will not be entered in the contest....the thread will be open to anyone that may want to add additional designs.

I don't have all the details figured out and lined up as far as prizes...but there will be some prizes ...( I will post that info at a later date. (again, thanks for your patience)
    Have fun with it .....and hope to see lots of entries coming in !!

Note: I have posted the templates for both the vertical mini and the horizontal mini...use whichever one works best for your design.

If you have any questions or if I have omitted something ...please feel free to ask.... as I said I have had a hectic couple weeks and am a little scattered brained :rolleyes: ...I may have not stated things clearly here ...so if there are questions...please ask!

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 3
    • List
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  2. 4cat Elite Plus Staff 2017 Reunion Elite Member

How fun

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  3. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

I'll see what I can do:)

• List
  4. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Thanks for starting this Paula @paulakw. Downloaded templates already :)
    What will the terms of use be? Hope there are no terms of use from anyone on this or that anyone who enters has to abide with whatever terms there are.
    Will it only be the png available after entry or are CWR's also going to be available? Sorry just a question or two whilst thinking about what I am going to do

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • List
  5. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

No problem...both are good questions ( thanks for asking!)

Correct...designs need to be NO TERMS
    as for cwr files....I guess if those that enter the contest want to send me the CWR files as well as the png files...I will post them along with the png files after the contest

I have amended the opening post to reflect this.

• List
  6. nashsartwork Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

Are we allowed to enter more than one set?

How fun! I am so excited! This is going to be a challenge for me because I don't make a lot of full sets...LOL! :confused:

• List
  7. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

bumping for everyone to see and design an entry !!

• List
  8. nashsartwork Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

How many entries are we allowed to do? Are we allowed to enter more than one?

• List
  9. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

hmmmm ...now that isn't a question I anticipated....not sure how to answer that one . o_O:rolleyes:

well, I think maybe for this one we should limit to 1 entry and for the next contest do a poll and see what others think about it ...if no one minds, we will allow multiple entries .......however if you would like you are more than welcome to do an extra to share when we post the sets after the contest.

• List
  10. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Awesome ...I'm ready to go!!! Will start designing!

• List
  11. nashsartwork Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

Okie dokie! One entry it is! But if the rules change please let me know! LOL (Just for the record I have yet to design anything LOL) But sometime I get on a role! hahahaha:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

'Nother good question Elizabeth. Thank you for asking and thank you for the reply Paula. I was waiting to hear. Maybe might do a couple and then decide which one might win! lol.

• List
  13. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

well, to be honest it was very hard for me to say "lets limit it to one" ...I love to see enthusiasm about anything here on the forum .....and love to hear that you may get into a "designing frenzy" and create more than 1 !!!:)

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 4
    • List
  14. nashsartwork Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

That's what I think I am going to do also!

• List
  15. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I know, I'm having a hard time coming up with just ONE..so many ideas...but I'll start with one..not sure if Paula's response meant yes to more than one or not (haa hee).

16. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I'm excited...today I accomplished sooo much for the forum.... views, comments, AND...yes indeed did my first set of the Thank you Contest Set!! Will submit to Paula today!! I'm SOO glad the forum had my undivided attention TODAY!! WHooo hooo...feeling good and accomplished..and yes "bragging a little" bc it feels good to be caught up with everyone who takes the time to share and be on here!

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 4
    • List
  17. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

bump ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    still looking for entries!! ....get yours designed and sent in :)

18. tlsikora Tammy Elite Plus Elite Member

Still in the "thinking phase." :confused:

19. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

I understand !! :) ...at least you are thinking!! ...not sure I am even that far yet...while I am not entering the contest...I did promise to share a set along with the entries from the contest after the voting is over.

• List
  20. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

bump~~~~~~~~~~~

21. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Done:)

• List
  22. nashsartwork Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

I can't seem to narrow down what I want to share! None of the sets are finished but which one do I finish!!!! LOL

23. OP
    OP
    paulakw
    Contact

I am sure whatever designs you have are all great !!
    sometimes when I have that indecision ...I will put all options in the same file and walk away then come back awhile later and see which one grabs my interest first........and then again sometimes that doesn't work worth a hooto_Oo_O
    good luck !

24. nashsartwork Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

You are too funny! I will give it a try!

25. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Working upstairs - I am the sucker that takes the large orders too cheaply just to get some cash in...... am wrapping 800 mini chocolates at the moment... to earn - well you don't really want to know as I am sure most of you wouldn't even consider it, lol.
    Will go downstairs to my 'work' computer later and send the one I decide on....