Mini cupcake wrappers finished teacup

Discussion in 'Friends Board / Lounge' started by jenel, Aug 13, 2016.

1. jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I have been ask to do mini cupcakes. I have looked on line for the size and a template. Does anyone know the dimensions of the mini cupcake wrappers or have a template? Can I take the wrapper template we have now and reduce it?

Thanks

2. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

well, here is the problem with that ...depending on what kind you are doing...they are different sized/different shaped...
    there is the size the we do for homemade mini cupcakes and then there is the size they make at bakeries and grocery store bakeries.... they are taller and more straight up and down....not tapered like the homemade kind
    the small tapered ones that are typical of the pans purchased for home use would only end up being about 9/10's of an inch tall ...so not much room for graphics really

3. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

They are going to buy store mini cupcakes

4. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

and all she wants is pink polka dot

5. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

..... then I would go buy or ask her to buy one as a sample to make a template from...sorry that is the best advice I have!
    reducing the size of the regular cupcake wrapper probly wont work ...or at least I don't think it will ...the purchased mini cupcakes are more straight up and down...
    I could be waay wrong though.

6. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

if you check hobby lobby or micheals or other craft store......you might be able to find a pkg of pink polka dot ones...for $3.00 or so...might be able to just slip them into them??
    just a thought ......o_O

I know my sister just bought 3 paks of them at a local craft/party store to use at a ladies luncheon at church

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  7. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

OK, I Thought about that myself. I will go to the store tomorrow and buy some...... the grand kids will like that

• List
  8. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

you actually might be able to just do strips of polka dot scrapbook paper and wrap it around if you can find out the height and measurement around .....know any bakeries that you could go ask them to measure?? I am guessing about 1.2 high and 5 around.... but that is just a guess.

you could also go to micheals and see if they have the pans that are the deep straight up and down well....and take a slip of paper with you and measure?? o_O

9. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

Thanks Paula, I will do research tomorrow. I appreciate the tips and suggestions. I was at a loss since I have never done them before. If I knew it was such a hassel with the sizes and all, I would have said.....ummmmm.... no........LOL

10. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

aww...you will get it figured out !! ......sometimes things seem so easy/so simple and then when we get into doing it ....we think ..."what was I thinking?"
    ...and then after a little trial and error ..... it turns out we find a easy way to do it after all !!

I love the mini cupcakes.....have been wanting to get one of the professional pans.... just haven't found the right one yet. ...I live in a small rural community and don't get to the stores where I can see and hold one ... and hard to tell on the internet...and I really am not in a hurry.
    anyway...eventually I may be wanting to do labels for them too !!

11. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

Yup that seems about right ♥

12. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Hope you get sorted Jenel (and if you have to create a mini cupcake wrapper yourself....:;):D.....) Thank you for trying to help Paula. Going to look in kitchen shortly as I think I have a mini cake paper thingy (forgotten the blinking word) for when you make them yourself.

13. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

Thanks Roxy...... I may need help again making a template once I get it figured out so I can a fall set for her also. I just wish I knew more about the mini cakes. I know how to eat them and that is about it.

14. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

Jenel ~
    jilliebean(Karen) put some time in and did a little research for you and posted a couple good links for you to check out...(she just got it in the wrong thread by accident)
    see her links and info here
    https://wrapcandy.com/ourcommunity/threads/looking-for-template.154780/#post-1946502

15. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

I already went to those sites and they did not give me the information I needed. The template is a jpg and it says to TRACE it onto printed paper.

But thanks anyway, I appreciate the help

16. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

I spent over an hour looking for what I wanted and could not find it..... now I know why it has never been done before...........lol

17. jilliebean Member since 2005 Elite Plus

You can't print out the pdf templates from both sites and scan them back into your computer then use them? Maybe Paula can help you with that.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  18. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

I did that and going to cut it out and trace it as it is a jpg and not a transparent template of just the shape..... I think I can do it.

19. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

AGAIN! With help from Paula's niece, I sent over to Paula the jpg mini wrapper from the website that jilliebean also suggest and this it what we came up with. My customer is going to think I am AWESOME, but it the ladies that helped me that are awesome. Are they just too stinkin' cute or what?!

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 5
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  20. jilliebean Member since 2005 Elite Plus

Great job! Glad I could help.

21. OP
    OP
    jenel
    Contact

The finished product.... customer loved them!

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  22. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

turned out ever so cute !!
    thanks for showing us

and again thanks to Karen (julliebean) for setting us in the right direction and giving us a starting point!

• List
  23. mialucia Elite Plus

Sooooooo cute Jenel! Thanks to all who helped! :)

• List
  24. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

They turned out pretty darn good Jenel. By the way the cupcake cases (yes, that was the word I couldn't get...... sheesh) that I had in my cupboard were actually for petit fours, so probably wouldn't have worked anyway. Love what you created between you all.

• List
  25. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Jenel, they did turn out really nice and thank you to the helpers:)

• List