Elite Members Need crafting ideas to do with tree limbs,

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by bjs1952, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bjs1952 Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Registered Member

So in the past I have always wanted to have tree limbs available for crafts, now I have ALOT of tree limbs as half of a very large tree came down in my back yard during a storm last week. Do any of you have ideas of crafts I can make with all sizes of tree limbs. Figure till the land lord has some one take it the rest of the way down I might as well craft from it. lol. I have been looking at pinterest alot but really have not seen much i would use on there.

2. sfandm Staff Member Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

I snagged a great photo from pinterest that I used last year, it is a Christmas themed photo, and the instructions are on pinterest. I used coarse sugar to decorate mine, and then sealed it to make it last. Here it is. As for anything else, IMO there are a ton of great ideas on P, so let us know what you do with the tree limbs. I always love to see creativity of the "notcandywrapping" kind on here.

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  3. tlsikora Tammy Elite Plus Elite Member

Sorry, I don't have any ideas for you but I agree with looking on Pinterest or maybe You Tube. Sonya, those are gorgeous.

4. nashsartwork 2017 Reunion Day Pass Team Permissions

Sonya what a great idea! Those would be so fun to have around and decorate with at Christmas time.

In regards to crafts with the tree limbs........it really depends on how thick and large they are. There are so many different things that you could do like slicing them into small discs and using them as a base for decorating for a piece of jewelry....this is really popular for kids. If they are thin enough you could bunch a whole bunch together and cut them into four equal length stacks, fastening in the corners to make a picture frame......just googling found me tons of ideas that made me jealous for all your tree brances! LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

You could try sticking three different size bits together (nail or wood glue), drill some holes in the top of each bit to hold some candle light glass holder (tea light candles) and decorate according to where you want them

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • List
  6. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

love all the ideas...but had to chuckle over you being jealous :p:rolleyes::)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. OP
    OP
    bjs1952
    Contact

bjs1952 Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Registered Member

so I found a bunch of jewelry tree like this, that I thought were really pretty so I am gonna make a few for the craft show next week and some for christmas gifts. I have some that are large enough for coasters if I can get someone to slice them. Thanks for the suggestions. Pinterest is a great place.

Attached Files: