Need Help For Corel Paint Shop Pro X Please

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by roberta, Nov 7, 2015.

1. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I'm trying to run some scripts in Corel PSP X. I keep getting the following error...

Alien Skin / Eye Candy 5 Impact - The registration code was not installed or is invalid. Please reinstall the filters.

It also shows up with an error labeled: Alien Skin / Eye Candy 5 Impact: Textures - (the rest is the same, just adds Textures after Impact).

Everything worked fine the last time I used these same scripts, which was a while back; but now some of my scripts aren't working <huge pout>. What can I do to fix this, anyone know?

2. Wrapcandy Get Lifetime Updates.. Staff Member Staff

Was the action script purchased as an add-on? It sounds like a registration error.
    Did you try reinstalling Corel?

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  3. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

There are a few scripts that I am trying to run which give me errors now, that worked fine before. They are scripts that I purchased from various wrappers, but not purchased as add-on's to the best of my knowledge; just scripts purchased to make different things (i.e. snowlady; snowkids; etc).

I haven't tried reinstalling it as I didn't even think of that. I will go do that right now, thanks @ryansaw.

4. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

good luck.... sorry I cant help. Hope Ryan's suggestion works

• List
  5. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Not much help here either. All the Eye Candy filters can be finicky little devils.
    Reinstalling will probably work, but if not, did you upgrade your operating system eg: Windows 10?
    If so make sure you are running them in 32 bit as they will not work in 64 bit.
    It can be so frustrating. I hope you get it to work:)

• List
  6. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

Well, tried reinstalling everything, no luck. Now I found out that it isn't just me, and that a couple of other folks have had the same problem recently. I haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet; still have 8.1 - I actually haven't changed anything, since the last time I used them and they worked. That's one thing that makes it so extra frustrating, LOL. However, since it appears to be several of us, who haven't changed anything since theirs worked too; and it appears its only EyeCandy things; we went and did some checking into it. Appears that they have now upgraded to an EyeCandy 7, and it says anything prior to that won't work. That we have to upgrade to 7. So we called and their support informed us that EyeCandy 5 things won't work anymore, they have somehow disabled them. I have no clue how they can do that, since stuff was purchased; but they say their lawyers told them then can. They said we now have to purchase 7 in order for anything EyeCandy to work.

So needless to say, I'm rather ticked. But I'm not done with this yet!!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Roberta.
    I have Eye Candy 3.1 - Eye Candy 5 Impact etc. & Eye Candy 6, and they all work in PSP X2, but only Eye Candy 6 works in PSP X8.
    Apparently in the next versions of PSP a lot of the old Plug Ins will not work as they will only work on 32 bit and PSP will only
    be offering 64 bit in the future.
    So now ------- skip the support team and Email Robert Lounsberry. He has been so helpful to me many times,
    actually just recently when I purchased a new laptop and had a problem getting Eye Candy 6 to work.
    This is the last Email address I have for him - Robert Lounsberry <notifications-support@alienskin.com
    I suspect the people that you talked to at support were not quite honest with you. I was told that when they come out with a new version
    it means that there will no longer be support for the old version. You can actually still download version 3.1 for free and it works great,
    just not all the bells and whistles of the newer versions.

Good Luck:)

• Adoreable Adoreable x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

Thank you ssssoooo much @latitude, I will send him an email and see what we can sort out. :D

• List