Featured Elite Members New - teal lights box *shares added

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by dusia, Sep 16, 2016.

1. dusia Danita21 Elite Plus Elite

Please help me to decorate the box.....Christmas or Birthday

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 7
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • List
  2. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Danita, I am going to need to look at your template in more detail tomorrow (I think it needs tweaking a little). Will see what I can do but if in the meantime anyone else can help please do so.

3. OP
    OP
    dusia
    Contact

dusia Danita21 Elite Plus Elite

Thank you Roxy

4. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

can you show us a picture of how this one assembles/how it looks when completed?
    thanks!

5. OP
    OP
    dusia
    Contact

Paula...I don't now how to post the picture, so sorry

6. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

if you have a picture, just add it to your post the same as you do the shares. (is that what ? or did I misunderstand?)

...if you aren't able to ...no worries....!!

7. OP
    OP
    dusia
    Contact

Paula....I am sorry to say that I am helpless with camera and computer

8. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

I have looked and looked again at the template but I just can't imagine it working as a box.
    Danita, can any family or friends take the picture and post it for you?

9. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

It does work, just set wc to 5.1 x 8.4. It will create a 3x3 box. This is a very quick made up one

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Roxy, thanks for making one to show us and for the info on the new dimensions. The candles I have, say they are tea lights but they must have been on steroids. Off to check my candle stash:)

11. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

I didn't have a tea light to try unfortunately - just searched the house..... I was sure I had some somewhere. They could still be in one of the boxes we packed when we thought we were moving and I just haven't found the enthusiasm to unpack them yet! I used Danita's measurement with the actual box inside the template area so it could still need adjusting. Maybe @dusia can confirm please.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  12. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Well, my candles are "somewhere". My craft room is organized, but the stuff I use the most is the most convenient to get at. Apparently candles are not on my most used list. Oh well, if it can be used, here is a Christmas one:)

Attached Files:

• List
  13. OP
    OP
    dusia
    Contact

Thank you Roxy and Latitude for your hard work, I love them

14. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Here you go - one from me. The broken lines round the 'glue here' indicate where to cut the tabs

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 6
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  15. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

no worries Danita!!

..I took a bit of time today to work with the template too ....only to come here and see you got it taken care of ! Thanks everyone ...nice designs ..and thank yu for those too !!

I believe the template is a bit like the mini pizza box template
    reply 116 here
    Featured - Templates And Dimensions Guidehttps://wrapcandy.com/ourcommunity/threads/templates-and-dimensions-guide.216/page-5#post-1935500

here are my photos (...not that they are needed :oops: ) lol
    and then I redid the template without the outer section on it but using the measurements Danita has and it worked for the 4 tea lights

Attached Files:

• List
  16. OP
    OP
    dusia
    Contact

Thank you Paula

• List
  17. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Thank you Danita and Paula for the template! Love the idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Thank you for the new template and for the photo Paula. I didn't realise that it should hold 4 :( (even though it tells us that on the template!) Derrr.... Nice to see with the candles and better without the outside edges!

19. suedavison Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I love this. Thank you for sharing.

• List
  20. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

the credit for this clever little template has to go to Danita.... it is a great idea and I love it...will make great stocking stuffers or little "extra" gifts !! ....would especially pair nicely with a spa theme basket/jar/can sort of gift!

• List
  21. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

had a bit of free time this afternoon so, a few birthday themed ones from me

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 9
    • List
  22. OP
    OP
    dusia
    Contact

Love them all Paula, thank you so much.

23. nannaof2queens Elite Plus Elite Member Registered Member

Thank you for the template and the shares!

24. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Too cute Paula. Thank you for sharing.

25. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

okay...so I am working on some projects for my sister to do with her craft club, and
    came across something similar on the site I got the graphic from...so I got my little brain working and came up with this as a possibility of a project for her to do for craft club (please note...I will probably come up with a dozen different projects for her to check out before she decides on what she likes and wants to use ...that is why I am getting an early start on it ...her month to host is December ....and it is entirely possible she will find something on her that she likes better :rolleyes: )

basically I just made a "card" to put the tealight box in and tied it shut with a ribbon....
    on the sample one the inside of the card has the tealight box but I added a 3 dimensional elf with the candle .....I cant share that with you as I would be giving away the graphics ...which of course is a no no! But I did add the graphic to the top of the tealight box on the one I am sharing
    after I printed the card...I scored and folded and then cut "panels" from coordinating scrapbook paper to add to the inside of the card ... I cut 1 for the inside front and 1 for the inside back as well as 1 for the inside "spine"
    (** another option would be to print a full page of a coordinating background paper on the back side of the cardstock you use for the "card" piece ...giving you a double sided cardstock ...hope that made sense)

then I used heavy duty double sided tape to adhere the box inside the card
    ...I apologize for not taking the time to add tealights in the box before taking pictures :oops:

another thing you could do is to print a nice text box or journal card ....cut it out and adhere to inside left of the card on top of the scrapbook paper to add another dimensions and a greeting or poem could be added to that by hand to make it a touch more personal ....

I am sharing the card with and without a textbox added on the back of the card

re-sharing the tealight box template ...as I "flipped it so the top/lid of the box was at the bottom so I could add graphics and text easier
    also sharing the template for the card

elf graphic from The Paper Shelter

Attached Files:

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 4
    • Adoreable Adoreable x 2
    • List