Elite Members Organizing my craft room

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by latitude, Jul 16, 2017.

1. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Well...................FYI for any one that is not retired yet.

I retired Dec.29, took off for 2 1/2 months in our motorhome.
    So, got home and decided that I needed to go through my whole house and organize and purge.
    I guess the retirement thing got me to thinking that heaven forbid, something should happen, I didn't
    want to leave behind an overwhelming mess for my nieces (I have no children or siblings).
    Okay, so I have been at this since the end of March and just stared in my craft room (actually 3
    rooms had my craft stuff in them).
    OMG~~~~~~the only thing that keeps repeating itself in my head is "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING????????) I could open my own craft store. The sad thing is that some of the stuff (that I have multiples of, actually have multiples of EVERTHING) I don't even know what they are for:(.
    Gadgets?????? Have so many still in boxes ( yes Vershell, my Cricut is one of them lol).
    Apparently somewhere in the deep recesses of mind I thought I was going to be the next Martha Stewart.
    So, I am purging and will probably have to repurchase some of the things when I remember why I got them in the first place, ~sigh~.

Soooooooo, the message here, is that when you retire, you don't need near as much money as you thought you did because when you finish going through all the "once thought necessary things" you think...................I DON"T EVER WANT TO BUY ANYTHING AGAIN!!!!!!!!
    And.......................my house is much bigger than I thought it was:):):):)

Just sayin:)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  2. nashsartwork 2017 Reunion Day Pass Team Permissions

You could always have a sale and then use the money to go on another trip! LOL

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • List
  3. OP
    OP
    latitude
    Contact

latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Hmmm, now there's a thought. Right now it's all in big Rubbermaid containers. I'm afraid to look into them because
    I may change my mind about getting rid of some of it lol.

4. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

well...oh my! ....... how well I can relate......!!
    since I was never able to have children of my own.....I have already informed my nieces.....that at the time of my death they are to assemble everything together for a BIG garage sale.......take the things they want (keeping in mind to be selective...so they DO NOT follow in Aunt Paula's footsteps and leave the same inheritance for their children/nieces)

.... and then sell everything else and then all go have lunch somewhere together as sisters, laugh and have fun and then go on a BIG spending spree and spend all the money on anything their little hearts desires....and then come visit my gravesite and tell me all about their day together and the fun things they bought with the money from the garage sale!!

good luck with your organization project!!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  5. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Latitude and Paula you're funny!! I've actually told my kids that my craft room is worth more than anything I owe! I'm not much into jewelry, or fancy shoes, or clothes, I'm pretty simple in so many ways.... My house is nice, but nothing I (or we) own is very expensive....SOOOO they all want my craft room now !! Haaa!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  6. nashsartwork 2017 Reunion Day Pass Team Permissions

I did not really seriously start crafting until the last couple of years. So my room is still growing..........but at an alarming rate mind you! LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

...it will start adding up fast ...so....stand back girl :eek: .......or build an additiono_O

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  8. nashsartwork 2017 Reunion Day Pass Team Permissions

My husband has a man cave so I am thinking that an addition would only be fair! LOL

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  9. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

true enough !! :)

10. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

big big cheesy grin on my face. Yes, can relate to all of this. Have fun 'purging' though!