Purchasing Nail Files - Update 3/30/16 With Added Link

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by roberta, Mar 14, 2016.

1. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Ok, we know that Linda B. hasn't been on the forum since October 2015. I posted a little while back that I had been in touch with her via phone in January 2016 and at that time she had been in and out of the hospital with pneumonia. She said in January that she was expecting to be back on the forum shortly thereafter, but she hasn't been after all. I have been very worried about her, as I've tried to get back ahold of her via phone, email, from here on wrapcandy, and via snail mail; all with no luck. I even put on the outside of a snail mail envelope for someone who knows her to please contact me (with my phone number) but no luck as of yet (that got mailed 1½ weeks ago).

I am saying many prayers that she is ok, and I hope/pray to hear something soon. If/when I do, I will let you all know. In the mean time if any of you hear from her, please let us know!

Several of us including myself, are wanting to Purchase more of the nail files. Since we can't get ahold of Linda to place an Order for us, I have been checking into sources for them so that we can still get them. However I would want everyone to know that I would only be doing this until Linda returns (and we pray that she will very soon). Because this was her baby, and I would want it to go back to being her baby and doing it, if she is able to upon her return. She has always done a fantastic job with it for all of us, as you know!

I have received quotes and pictures from various sources, and I'm currently working to narrow it down to our best price offer for the best selection available to us.

At this time I have one quote that would be the same .40 cents per each set of 2 nail files, that we paid to Linda. They have 30 patterns available, and 12 solid colors available.

I also have a quote that would be the same .40 cents per each set of 2 nail files, that we paid to Linda. They have only 4 patterns available, but have 14 solid colors available.

I also have a quote that would be the same .40 cents per each set of 2 nail files, that we paid to Linda. They have what appears to be 34 solid colors available (I'm waiting for verification on that), but as far as the patterns available I am waiting for him to send me the picture(s) of our available pattern choices so I don't know as of yet.

So please bear with me while I continue to finalize details of colors and patterns available, as well as pricing. However it does appear that I will be able to get ahold of these nail files for us. It should be the same minimum quantity per color and/or pattern necessary as we had with Linda (100 minimum per color and/or pattern) as that seems to be what the sources are wanting so far.

:::keeping fingers crossed::: that this works out, 'cause I want more and I know several others do too.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I forgot to mention that I have not been able to get a good source for the glass nail files as of yet, everyone I got ahold of wants way more than the .55 cents Linda was able to find for you. :(

However, I am able to get ahold of the cello bags for putting the nail files into, for the same $1.00 per bag that Linda had for us. :) [Possibly less as a very nice lady is working with me on it, but at this time the same $1.00 per bag].

There would also still be the shipping added from me to you, as Linda had to add in as well.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • List
  3. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

Would you even want me to do this?

Opinions on anything above please?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

as long as you are willing to take it on, I don't see any reason for not having you do it....there are quire a few members that are currently wanting to purchase nail files....and if/when Linda decides to come back those details can be figured out at that time...I don't see that it should be a problem.

• List
  5. bev12sue Maui Hawaii May 2014 Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Registered Member

I definitely would love to order from you. Thanks for inquiring and working on this for us. Praying also that Linda is Ok, last time I talked to her which was months ago she was really sick and could barely get around.

• List
  6. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Thank you Bobbi for all the leg work and letting us know the results.
    Also, thank you for keeping us posted about Linda..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. auntbea01 Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member Elite Registered Member

Terrific that you are stepping up to the challenge. I pray Linda is convalescing and will be back with us soon. I am certainly interested.
    Hugs,

• List
  8. mialucia Elite Plus

I would also be interested Bobbi! I have emailed Linda a few times and have not received a reply. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers!

• List
  9. chriskari Rosa Herrera Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus

Thank you so much, Bobbi. I also would be interested. Will also keep on praying for Linda.

• List
  10. nannaof2queens Elite Plus Elite Member Registered Member

Thank you for researching a source for the nail files. I would definitely be willing to order.
    Sure hope Linda gets better soon!

• List
  11. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Thank you Bobbi, for trying to get in touch with LindaB, albeit unsuccessfully at this time. Thank you also for trying to sort out some nail files in the interim for those who are trying to get hold of some. It is very kind of you to step into the 'breach' so to speak.

Sending LindaB positive thoughts and I hope that the prayers are also going to be answered for a speedy return.

• List
  12. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I sure hope everything is ok. I tried to contact her also thru a personal message to see how she was doing and never received a response back. Very worried about her.

Looking forward to seeing what you can get for us Bobbi, I know there have been several people inquiring about them. Thank you.

• List
  13. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Oh my, I'm very worried for Linda too!! It's very odd that her husband is not responding either... He's a very nice man and helped me many times with my printer--I know he knows "of us" and knows we're all very close.

Bobbi..thank you for taking this on...i'm interested too in ordering! Thank you sooo much

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. ebony Elite Plus

Thank you Bobbi for taking this on. Will love to purchase nail files with you.

Hoping and praying that Linda is ok

• List
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  15. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

You're welcome folks, and thanks for your replies so I know to go ahead and continue with things towards ordering. It's being worked on, and almost ready to go for posting but still a couple of final details to be worked out. China isn't always the easiest to deal with due to the difference in time zones and language, LOL.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. mariefyfe Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Thank you for taking on this huge undertaking! I will order some as well -- unfortunately the 300 I needed has now evolved into something else! LOL I would have much preferred to use these as what I did turned into a nightmare and I'm still not finished! LOL

• List
  17. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

@mariefyfe, I *liked* your post but have to say that the part about it turning into a nightmare I didn't like. So sorry that happened, and I hope you are able to get it all sorted out quickly. You're welcome on me taking it on.

3/25 update - I have just 2 more things to finalize between 2 warehouses to see which is best for us, then I will be able to post and get an order going. Shouldn't be much longer though.

Sorry I didn't update earlier, but I've been very ill and unable to be on my computer for anything for a little while. Back up and around a little now, so getting caught up and things done for this. Thanks for your patience. :)

• List
  18. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Glad to hear you are feeling better Bobbi, and thank you for updating on the 'nailfile' situation.

• List
  19. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Thank you again Bobbi...and hopefully you start feeling better and better every day! Take care of yourself...

• List
  20. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

Thank you Roxy and Ana, feeling better each day thank goodness. At least as far as the main reason I was down; other things are still there but oh well such is life lately.

3/28 update - Ok, I have narrowed it down to the warehouse that will have the best price for us, with the best selection. I'm just waiting for him to email me the patterns available to us [as the first pictures didn't come through clearly enough to see], then I can post the order and we can get going. Hopefully he will get the pic(s) to me in the next day or two.

• List
  21. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

No problem...we will wait patiently!!! Thank you again!

• List
  22. OP
    OP
    roberta
    Contact

23. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

thanks Bobbi ...I am sure this will make a lot of members happy, I know there have been several wanting to order more nail files.

• List