Reunion board - (re)introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Reunion Board' started by Wrapcandy, Jun 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Wrapcandy Get Lifetime Updates.. Staff Member Staff

The Reunion starts this Friday. Introduce yourself, let us know what you do, if you have a small business, what items you are currently creating or making. Your Favorite Quotes and anything else you would like to share.

ME?

For those of you who don't know me, I am Ryan Sawyer the Owner of Wrapcandy and founder of the the Wrapcandy Community.

Over the past year or so I have been hosting Karaoke, helping people overcome their fears of singing in public and teaching line dances.

Right Now I am in the process of making Karaoke Survival Can Gifts. Inspired by a generous tip from one of my regulars I am creating a unique item just for her.

Quote, more of my mantra right now. Working at bars, I noticed a very vicious cycle. It seems that people that have been emotionally hurt, end up hurting others in the same manner often by choice.

Hurt People, Hurt People! It's up to you to Break the Cycle!

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 4
    • List
  2. jenel Queen of Her Own World! Staff Member Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

I am a grandmother of 7 and great grandmother of 1. I do wrapcandy as a business to help with my social security income. I have done very well with my 2 online stores. After this summer and all the fairs and bazaars are done, I am going to look into opening a brick and mortar store with my heath permitting after my heart attack 2 months ago. Still re-cooping, but getting stronger each passing day.

I love doing this and will continue to design and share as long as I can. Now, my next goal is to get a "professional" commercial/business printer as the ink goes by so fast with my small desk top printers.
    ♥ ♥ ♥

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 7
    • List
  3. latitude LIFETIME MEMBER Elite

Well. I joined Wrap Candy February 7th 2007. I don't sell anything I create or snag. I just play & enjoy sharing whatever I create.
    I do make things for family and friends with many of the awesome creations I have snagged, (thank you to everyone):)
    For 10 years this forum has been the go to place for stress relief:) I have cyberly (I know, not a word) met many wonderful people
    and have made a very good cyber friend. Thank you Ryan for making that possible:)

• List
  4. maxluv Staff Elite Plus

Maxluv here or Vershell, that would be me, been a member since April 2007 when my sister asked if i knew how to do personalized candy bar wrappers, had never heard of it but told her let me Google it, lol. Google must have brought Wrapcandy up first because that is the only program that ive been using to do candy bar wrappers..well until we branched out and now we wrap anything that is wrappable, lol. I have sold here and there but mostly I do what i do because i enjoy putting a smile on others faces, making them feel special. So I still wrap a candy bar here and there, do bag toppers, but i use Wrapcandy to make buttons, key chains, bookmarks, and so much more.

Getting ready to go on my churches Mission trip to Pine Ridge SD to help work with 50 or so children, ive used Wrap candy do some projects for that as well. Being on this forum yes you do get to sorta meet ppl, have ppl that i've never met in person but we are still ol buddies because of this forum. Been thru all of the changes, from the old old forum to the new old forum to this newer forum,lol.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 6
    • List
  5. frosty 2017 Reunion Registered Member

I joined Wrap Candy years ago. I've not been around much in the last few years cause i work at wally world. Just not enough hours in the day. I'm in the process of getting my business back out in the public eye. I'm still making bouquets for friends and family and every time I make one, I realize just how much I enjoy creating them. Business cards are ordered, order form is made just needs a little tweaking. I know I've snagged some really great shares over the years from some really talented creators. Thank you to all who have shared your awesome creations with us over the years. I'm hoping to spend more time on the boards in the future and sharing my work. Creating unique gifts out of candy and seeing people reactions never get old.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 5
    • List
  6. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Hello Wrapcandy family! I have been a member since 2012. I live in Michigan. I have two grown children, a daughter and a son. I stumbled across Wrapcandy through a google search and love it! I don't have a business yet but hoping to in the very near future.

• List
  7. paulakw "P" Staff Member Staff

Hi ......Paula aka "P" here....I joined the WrapCandy community in July of 2008
    and have pretty much been a regular since.
    Not much to tell about me....I am pretty simple .. but I do chatter on about my family all the time..
    I love being part of WrapCandy and love helping people on the forum and love sharing my designs ...and that is about all there is to say about me.......

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 5
    • List
  8. 4cat Staff 2017 Reunion

Hi everyone. It's Cat, or 4cat here on the board. I've been a wc member since the early 2000's. I was one of the original wrapettes. I've been away from the board due to family stuff, and just recently was able to pop in, but not often enough. Have even started designing again. Miss everyone, hope to be more of a regular soon. Hugs, Cat

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 6
    • List
  9. wishfulthinker Roxy Staff Member Staff

Became a member in Sept 2008 not long after being made redundant and wanted to work from home. Investigated franchises but they were so expensive I browsed the net and found Wrapcandy. I have been selling since 2009. There was a spell where I hadn't worked for a while so threw myself into Wrapcandy. It has been a long haul, it started off really well then everyone jumped on the bandwagon. BUT I am fighting back and what was really a hobby is now an all consuming job. I too would like to thank everyone who has shared on the forum and although I don't use many of the wrappers I do snag the graphics (or buy) them so thank you all you very talented people.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 3
    • List
  10. sfandm Staff Member Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Registered Member

OK, my name is Sonya and I live in Texas. I have been a member since early 2007 if memory serves me correctly. I have two grandchildren, one of each, both 2 years old, and I love having them over for weekly visits. I have been creating and designing candy wrappers for quite a while, and have recently started doing custom orders. I hope to have an etsy store someday, but I have had to get a job recently which will probably limit my wrapcandy shares in the near future. I just want to say "Howdy" from Texas, and thanks to everyone who shares, comments, and converses here. It is my daily escape from the nasty world we live in, and I appreciate it.

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 2
    • List
  11. karenskrafts Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

HI, I'm Karen aka karenskrafts. I joined wrapcandy in 2006. I am a Nana to 2 adorable grandkids. Boy 5 and girl 3. They are the loves of my life!
    Right now I have an Etsy store where I sell candy wrapper related products. I also design and sell digital scrapbooking kits, both on Etsy and in several scrapbooking stores.
    I have gained so much from this forum and thank everyone for all the awesome shares!

• List
  12. gardenfairy 2017 Reunion Registered Member

Hello all, my name is Marlene and I'm from Michigan. Thank you Ryan for getting this reunion together. Loved using Wrapcandy, and would love to get back into making things again.

• List
  13. jansav Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member Registered Member

Hello! I am Janet, and I live outside of Houston, TX. Where it is HOT!! All the time. LOL
    I have been a member since 2005, found Wrapcandy on the internet and wanted to do cute stuff for my daughter who was just starting grade school at the time and into sports. I did quite a bit and then did some to sell as well as at work too. I love this forum, although have not been on much anymore as my daughter grew up and I didn't have much use anymore. I must say, this is by far the BEST forum around as all the members are the most friendly and talented people who are willing to always help when they can. I can't do any graphics, but would put together different wraps to share, not many though when I could. I love being in this group of such wonderful people. It has been a great place to escape. Wish I had more time to be more involved like I use to be.
    It has been nice seeing posts from some of the people that were around when I first was.

• List
  14. mommajo33 Wife of Retired Army National Guardsman. Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Hi, I'm Joanne aka mommajo33. I live in Birmingham, AL and a just love my wrapcandy family!

• List
  15. kazoo LIFETIME MEMBER 2017 Reunion Elite

Hi, I'm Linda aka Kazoo. I joined Wrap Candy in 2010. I have a small home crafting business in Southern New Hampshire.
    I have learned so much from all the wonderful ladies here. I am not a designer but really appreciate all the hard work everyone does and that they so willingly share their talents!

• List
  16. rbrockett 2017 Reunion Registered Member

Love this site

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. oldteachermlc 2017 Reunion Registered Member

Hi, I'm Mary known as Oldteachermlc. I joined WrapCandy back in the early 2000's but haven't done a hole lot in the past few years. Mostly I have done things for my family & friends. In the past I learned a lot from people on the forum and were always impressed by how creative people are & how willing they were to share & help out others. It seems like having to change computers etc. has also slowed down my creative abilities. Maybe I can get back into it again. My daughter asked me to create something for Nurses (a paint pail, etc.) so I have to see what I can do.

• List
  18. kpshira Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

I'm Kipper and I have been a member since the end of 2009. Boy, that seems like so long! I live in Northern California where we are in the middle of a heat wave. It's only 106 today. Yesterday was 110. My husband and I have a small business that started out as a pack and ship store and has now morphed into a personalized gift store. We do sublimation, laser engraving and wrappers/invitations. We are very active in the Order of the Eastern Star so some of the most popular things we do are "kits" for favor boxes, treat bags, bookmarks, etc that are related to the current mascots and emblems. My favorite things to create are pint jars - Thanks to Paula!!!

• List
  19. mehlbaums 2017 Reunion Day Pass Team Permissions Registered Member

Hi All! Susan here from "back in the day". Work full time and have small craft business that I work on whenever time permits. Currently working on order for candy bars, boxes, bookmarks and other items for a Back to the Future graduation theme party as well as a purple, silver and white wedding variety set. Was so excited to hear about the reunion and would LOVE to grab stuff from old forum before it disintegrates but don't even know how to get to it!

• List
  20. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

Good evening. I'm Roberta (aka: Bobbi). I have been a part of the WrapCandy *family* since 2004 when I was searching for a way to make some personalized items for some family members & I found WC (thank you Ryan)!! We have 3 sons, 1 daughter-in-law, & 2 grandkids (1 boy & 1 girl). I'm currently in the middle of transitioning my businesses to different ways of doing things (mainly digital downloads because that's what most of the customers are wanting these days), so busy isn't the word for it; because that's on top of babysitting the grandkids daily (over an hours drive each way) plus several other things happening all at once. I usually leave the house about 6:30am, arrive back home around 6pm, then working on stuff 'til about 11pm or midnight, then try for some sleep to start over the next day, LOL. OMG, sorry for rambling.

In addition to my online selling, I do one huge craft fair in November, & occasionally other craft fairs but usually only the November one. I love making things personalized for folks & seeing their faces light up when they receive things with their name on it (or with a special sentiment).

Thank you Ryan for all that you do in so many ways!! Thank you everyone for what you do; as you all are a great part of the WrapCandy *family*.

• List
  21. dpaynedaycare 2017 Reunion Registered Member

Hi! I'm donna aka dpaynedaycare from years ago. It's good to see names I recognize from the past. I would love to download some of the things I shared from the old forum that I lost in computer crash but I can figure out how to get to it. Can anyone help?

• List
  22. 4cat Staff 2017 Reunion

Kipper where in north ca are you? I'm just out of the sac area. Very very hot!

23. mehlbaums 2017 Reunion Day Pass Team Permissions Registered Member

Hi Donna! I agree about how nice it is to see names that I remember. Also would love to get to the old board but can't figure out where it is. I see the current forums but no link to the archive stuff. I sort of faded away when the website was updated.

• List
  24. dpaynedaycare 2017 Reunion Registered Member

• Love/ Like it Love/ Like it x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  25. kac313 2017 Reunion Elite

Hi Everyone!!! My name is Kathie...I've been a huge Wrapcandy fan since Feb 2005. I promote Wrapcandy through Affiliation on my website www.chattykathie.com A subscription box review website that I host. I can't speak highly enough of Wrapcandy...but Wrapcandy isn't just a candy wrapper program...it is a family community that sticks together through thick and thin and supports each others goals, successes, losses and everything in between. I've never found another group like Wrapcandy and I probably never will...thats why I publicize it as much as I can. The members are the foundation of the business....everyone at Wrapcandy is part of the big happy family of misfits that we are..hehehehehe Just kidding.....So happy to see everyone again...and happy reunion to everyone!!!! (((hugs)))

• List