Standard Hershey bar

Discussion in 'Wrapcandy Elite Main Sharing Board' started by susannev, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. susannev Registered Member

Is anyone else having a hard time locating the original hershey Bar (plain chocolate)? I used to be able to find it all the time at Dollarama and now they only carry the new Hershey Almond bar, different dimensions/shape.. I tried Walmart, didn't see any. I will try Costco, but the last time I was there I did a quick run down the candy isle (before I knew it would be hard to find them) and don't remember seeing them there either... strange! :p

2. anamaron Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

No..haven't had problems at all. Costco has them..and that's where I buy mine.

3. nicsmom12 PinkChaos aka "The Print Queen" Registered Member

It could be they are just not carrying it anymore or haven't ordered any in a while. Hershey is everywhere. I buy in all the stores, including Walmart, BJ's Wholesale, Stop & Shop (Giant) etc... the convenience store by me also carries them but they are $1.19 a bar there so I don't buy unless I can get them in the 6 packs or in bulk. Keep looking, good luck.

4. maxluv Staff Elite Plus

Just brought a box of 36 from Sams last week they had plenty. They also have the packs of 10.

5. audrey220 Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Registered Member

Maxluv, you took the words out of my mouth.(smiling)

6. donnadmb Registered Member

No problems here either.

7. roberta [aka: Bobbi] Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

No problems here in southern Maryland. WalMart has them; BJ's has them; the commissary is where I sometimes buy them when they are cheaper, but of course thats military so might not help you out.

8. smjackson2 Blessed Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion

There in all the stores here in Michigan also. Try talking to a manager to find out if they can get them again.

9. maxluv Staff Elite Plus

Just noticed that you are in Canada, maybe that has something to do with you not being able to find them.

10. kpshira Lifetime Elite Platinum Elite Plus 2017 Reunion Elite Member

I bought 2 boxes of 36 this morning from Sams Club in Northern California.

11. OP
    OP
    susannev
    Contact

susannev Registered Member

Yes Maxluv I am in Canada, I never had a problem before so maybe I will try another Dollarama and check out Costco again. Hershey has this new commercial out right now advertising their almond bar so that is all I have seen lately!!!

12. jcrewe Registered Member

Susanne, where in Canada are you located? I haven't had a problem finding them in my local area.

13. OP
    OP
    susannev
    Contact

Hi Jennifer, I am just outside Toronto - where are you?

14. jcrewe Registered Member

I'm in Vancouver. I've found that Costco here doesnt carry them and neither does Dollarama but there's another dollar store close to me, of which their name currently escapes me, that carries them. I'm also fairly close to the border so can always pop across in a pinch

15. jcrewe Registered Member

Susanne, I noticed in an older post that you were looking for a Canadian company that sells the wrapping foil. Have you found someone to supply you or are you still looking? I sell the silver colour 6x7.5 wrapping foil if you are interested :)

16. OP
    OP
    susannev
    Contact

I have the foil now, thanks I will keep you in mind. I even tried Dollar Tree and they don't have the regular Hershey bar, will have to try Target maybe? I don't buy a lot of bars as I only do it for family and friends.

17. lydiai Registered Member

I'm in Ottawa, Canada. The Dollarama here no longer carries them,nor does the Costco. The only place I see them is at shoppers Drug Mart, which is very pricey and not in bulk. About $1.29 for 1 bar. I contacted Hershey's distributor- were not very helpful and no one has returned my call. I contacted the Dollarama managers and they all state that it was a"head office" decision. Would love to know where I can get these in Ottawa reasonably. The only alternative in terms of size is Cookies and Cream, which is very sweet.

18. jcrewe Registered Member

Try calling around to other Dollarama locations and see if they carry them. I have two locations fairly close to me and one carries them and one doesn't. Each time I get an order, I'm nervous that the one store that does carry them won't have any. Another option is to ask management if they would be willing to order them in for you. I know that London Drugs will special order them in and if you are ordering a lot of them maybe they will give you a special price.